-
August 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
#31
Inactive Member
I know that Weller supposedly liked soul. As for Spears, a well-produced song is good, Roy Wood fan here, but her "music" is so damn robotic it may as well have been made by a...robot. She can't sing or dance, and her whole little miss iron virgin act was laughable years before she admitted she'd let someome stick his icky weewee inside her happy place [img]wink.gif[/img] !
As for The Dolls, the entire band had that Brill Building vibe, not just Johnny.
<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ August 19, 2006 07:38 PM: Message edited by: JayForSure ]</font>
-
August 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM
#32
Inactive Member
I'm trying to convince our guitarist to let us cover "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky, and/or the theme music from Baywatch.
-
August 20th, 2006, 09:24 PM
#33
Inactive Member
Wocky? Eye Uv The Tigah? Swy sez "Hewwo." [img]wink.gif[/img]
Baywatch? I actually like Pam for her skillful manipulation of her stupid blonde image. I thought her show VIP worked on its own level as well as being a parody of Charlie's Angels.
-
August 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM
#34
Inactive Member
Fair enough, but to be honest, Pam Schmam, everyone loves The Hoff. At least in Germany.
-
August 21st, 2006, 01:12 AM
#35
Inactive Member
Yes, I know the latter-day judge of "America's Got Talent" has a big long time following in Europe.
Crappy show...they even have a pompous arsed Limey ala Simon Cowell who spends most of his time insulting the poor saps on the show. American I-Dull rip-off.
-
August 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
#36
Inactive Member
There are shitloads of songs I 'd still like to cover. How unlikely they are is another matter, but for now I'll post a list of songs we (Trashcan Darlings) have covered over the years... some we changed a bit, some we changed a lot and some we kept almost as the original just adding our sound
Demolition 23 - Hammersmith Palais
Heartbreakers - Born to lose
Deadboys - Sonic reducer
Eddie and the hot rods - Ignore them (still life)
Iggy Pop - Funtime
Iggy Pop - Real wild child
U.K. Subs - Drag me down
U.K. Subs - Limo life
Holly and the Italians - I wanna go home
G.G. Allin - Bite it you scum
G.G. Allin - Assfuckin'
Suzanne Vega - Luka
The Dwarves - The crucifixion is now
The Dwarves - We must have blood
The Dwarves - Wish that I was dead
The Buzzcocks - Ever fallen in love ( with someone you shouldn't have)
Hanoi Rocks - Tragedy
Bo Diddley - Pills
Sex Pistols - Problems
The Revolvers - Yesterdays fools
Jokke - Hvis jeg var deg
Backstreet Girls - Never too loud
Ramones - Pet cematary
Rolling Stones - Dead flowers
Rolling Stones - Star star
Sweet - Ballroom BLitz
Uk Subs - Endangered Speices
Hollywood Brats - Tumble With Me
<font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ August 21, 2006 10:15 AM: Message edited by: chrisdamien ]</font>
-
August 25th, 2006, 12:22 PM
#37
Inactive Member
If I covered a song...I'd probably do something from Rick Springfield or Stray Cats.
-
August 26th, 2006, 09:55 PM
#38
Inactive Member
How about Gloria Trevi [img]wink.gif[/img] ?
-
August 29th, 2006, 11:00 AM
#39
Marshy
Guest
For what its worth, we did a few cover versions in the studio .. these are from mid 1990's:- Me;- Marshy on Vocals/Guitars .. Stevie B on Guitars .. Jivs on the Kit .. Jaffa on the Bass !
http://marshmusic.multiply.com/music/item/40
Shine .. Original Artist:- Collective Soul
Carz .. Original Artist:- Gary Newman ( Sounds like a Synth / Keyboard on this track, but it was all done on Guitarz..)
Only You .. Original Artist:- Alison Moyet ! ( Done in a Wildhearts fashion..)
.. there only up for a laugh so enjoy 'em ;0 )
-
August 29th, 2006, 11:05 AM
#40
Inactive Member
Marshy's being modest. They're actually really
good - performance and production.
D.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks